The benefits of social media marketing are undeniable and generally, businesses in all sectors use one or more platforms to advertise, build brand awareness and engage with customers.
Facebook is currently the world’s largest social media platform, with nearly 3 billion monthly active users. If your business isn’t on the platform yet, should it be?
The top 3 benefits
- It’s free – Setting up a Facebook page for your business is free. While you can pay to have your business advertised on the platform, there is a lot you can do to build brand awareness and engage with customers without paying anything.
- It’s a space to provide information – Your Facebook page can provide useful information like contact details, trading hours and your address. You can also post updates and pictures, chat with customers and comment on and share content.
- It increases web traffic – You can boost traffic to your company’s website by linking it to your Facebook page. Having a Facebook business page will also increase your SEO ranking.
What do you need to consider before creating a business page?
- Your customers – Depending on the demographics of your target customer, they may or may not be on Facebook. However, even if the majority of your customers do not use the platform, it’s still a good idea to have a basic page containing your contact details.
- Your market – Is Facebook a good fit for your type of business? Companies that are not customer-facing, such as those operating in the B2B field, may be better suited to a more professional social media platform like LinkedIn.
- Maintenance – Even though you are not paying for your business page, you do still have to allocate resources to it. The page needs to be kept up to date, there should be regular posts, and customer queries and reviews need to be responded to.
If you feel that your business should be on Facebook, contact Netgen for information on our social media packages. Whether you need assistance with the initial setup of your page or a monthly content plan, our content experts can help.