With so many people nowadays using search engines or social media to find what they’re looking for, it’s vital that your business has an online presence. What does a small business website need?
- A URL that makes sense – Having a URL that is as close as possible to your business’s name or purpose is important as it lends your site a sense of legitimacy. Users are more likely to trust your site and click on your URL, and it’s easier for users to remember and share.
- A clear description of what you do – Your website should clearly communicate what it is that your business does. If a user comes across your website and this isn’t immediately obvious, they are likely to click away.
- Easy-to-find contact information – It’s common practice to include a Contact Us page on your website in order to save customers the frustration of trying to hunt down contact information. It also legitimises your website – if customers can easily contact you, it seems less likely that your website is fake or a scam.
- Basic SEO – Where your business appears in search results can be the difference between its success and failure. People using search engines are unlikely to look beyond the first page of results, so your website needs to appear high up. You can make sure of this by using search engine optimisation – ensuring your website loads quickly and includes a good use of keywords and metadata.
- Customer testimonials – Reviews and testimonials tell potential customers whether or not they can trust your business and the products or services that you sell. This is especially important if you don’t have a physical storefront. Customer testimonials can also keep you informed about what your business is doing right and where you can improve.
- Concise product or service descriptions – It should only take a few clicks from when users arrive on your site to when they find the product or service that they’re looking for. Descriptions of these should be kept concise for the most part, whilst detailed descriptions can be saved for the page of that specific product or service.
Ask the experts about your small business website
If you are looking to build a website for your business, contact the experts at Netgen. No matter how big or small your business or budget, we can build a website that suits your needs.